Thursday, July 24, 2008

July 24

Thought I better get in the habit of "blogging". Last Monday I took my bike into Reynolds Bike Shop for a fitting as I was experiencing some discomfort from my seat. They were very helpful and made some minor adjustments. I needed to return the following day as they suggested a different post for the handle bar that would elevate me up a little higher. While there we talked about C2C and was informed that Jason new quite a bit about the tour. I mentioned to him that Peter VanNoord of St. Thomas was posting a Reynolds ad on his blog. I also found out that I needed to replace my chain as it was 50% worn. I have had my bike for a year and was not aware that the chain needed service regularly.
On Saturday (July 26) Scott Fletcher, Albert de Vries and myself are planning a bike tour to Bayfield. It just so happens that Ken Faber has a cottage there, and this will be a good rest place for us. When we complete our ride that day it will be over 160 km. I am hoping for a pleasant day. The other night as I went on my nightly ride I left with a beautiful blue sky. Before I got home the dark clouds had formed and it started to rain. I did not really like this, but I thought that during our ride the last 2 weeks of the tour, we may have days of some rain.
I spend a fair bit of time each day trying to keep updated on all the blogs that are posted by the C2C riders, and hear about the difficulties that each is experiencing; the heat, the flat tires, the elevation and I pray that all may be granted cycling mercies. I sense that there is a great community spirit there. I pray that when I and others join the tour in Grand Rapids that we may also experience that same community spirit.

No comments: