Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Almost Time to Go

Well, it's almost time to go. I believe I am ready. I have biked sufficient distance this spring and summer to know that I am ready. Two weeks ago we biked 160 km on a Saturday morning. Now with less than 5 days to go, it is time to gather all my supplies and equipment together for packing and not to be over 60 lbs. I pick up my bike again tonight as I needed to replace a seat that broke last Saturday. Saturday morning Jean and I will meet up with Scott and Linda Fletcher (Scott is also biking) as they have agreed to drive us to Grand Rapids where we will start the tour on Monday morning. We are to be there by 2 p.m. on Saturday to participate in some bike training.
While I am ready, I am also a little nervous, as I and others join up with the group that has biked together since the end of June from Seattle. Biking groups have been formed and all of us "newbies" will have to feel our way into the groupings.
I am thankful that my IT team at the office willl be providing me with a laptop so that I can hopefully keep each of you informed of our daily adventures.
With this posting I also would like to thank all of my supporters for their generosity and interest in the Sea to Sea 2008 tour. Each of them when I have the opportunity to speak with them, offer me encouragement and ask how my training is going. I beleive the hard work is soon to start and am asking for your prayer support as I cycle with the tour.

2 comments:

George Saylor said...

Mike, the blog looks great! I'm so excited for your adventure. a HUGE part of me wishes I was going too. Maybe next time around. You'll be in our prayers every day.

Amslat said...

Hey Dad. The girls and I missed seeing you off last night as they were at camp. We wanted to let you know that we will be thinking and praying for you daily. The girls want you to have fun but stay safe too. God be with you and enjoy your time. Wish I could be biking too.

Marv and girls