Saturday, August 23, 2008

Day 6 (55) Ancaster to St. Catherines - August 23

Distance Travelled - 77.76 km.
Average Speed 22.4 km
Total Time 5 1/2 hr
Time in Saddle 3:28:06
Today I do not think to many cyclists packed any snacks or lunches as we had 5 stops scheduled along the route by the many churches in the area. Left Redeemer at 6:45 About 20 km in along the top of the Niagara Escarpment Fruitland CRC had out there welcome mat. From there it was a short distance as we travelled down the escarpment on the way to Grimsby. My top speed on the way down was around 65 mph, before I began working my brakes. One of the female cyclists was doing over 80 mph. On the way I met Max & Liz Meijer (parents to my son-in-law). I spent some time with them before moving on first to Shalom Manor (Seniors Residence) and then on to Grimsby CRC where the welcome mat was out as well. Other stops along the way today were in Beamsville, Pereboom Residence, and Providence CRC where I met Mike Fluit (one of our worship leaders) parents. In Port Dalhousie a number of us stopped by a local watering hole for some cool ones and some food. Arrived at the school in St. Catherines around 1:30 p.m. Quick set up the tent, showered and relaxed under a shade tree. Tomorrow our day of non riding is set to be a busy day with celebration rallies and other activities. Tonight a number of riders have been taken to see Niagara Falls.

No comments: