Saturday, August 23, 2008

Butt Sore Day DAY 2 (51) August 19

Map Distance - 153.5 km
Distance Cycled - 157.09
Total Time - 9 hours
TIme in Saddle - 7 hr 23 min 45 sec.
Average Speed - 21.2 km

Went to bed early Monday evening as I did not sleep the night before. Had to find my earplugs to drown out all the noise of the insects. I slept soundly and woke up with a start at 6 a.m. and noticed a lot of tents were already down. Had breakfast, packed all my tent supplies and was on the road by 7 a.m.. We had been informed the previous night at pelaton that the prevailing winds for today would be from the east. It was a difficult day. Lots of SAG stops, even stopped for a coffee and a donut at a local donut shop. Didn't realize that there was a Tim Hortons in town as well, but we did not know that ahead of time. Started riding with Scott Fletcher, but I felt I was holding him back and encouraged him to cyle ahead which he did. I met up with Ad (Alt) from Haiti working for CRWRC and Frank (Michigan) who were cycling close to my speed. At about 100-125 km my right knee was starting to pain, so I encouraged them to cycle on ahead. At the last SAG stop I met up with Art Mulder, changing a flat tire. At this point we were about an hour from our destination. We arrived at 4 p.m. Picked up my tent equipment and set up camp, had a refreshing shower and waited for supper at 6 p.m.

No comments: