Saturday, August 23, 2008

Day 5 (54) London to Ancaster - August 22

Distance Travelled - 130.21 km
Average Speed - 21.4 km
Total Time 7 1/2 hours
Time in Saddle 6:04:27

Got up at 6, gathered my clean laundary, had breakfast and had Jean drive me back to LDCSS. Arrived there at 7:30 and was out on the road by 7:45. There were a number of stops scheduled today so did not bother to pack snacks. Fifteen minutes into the ride the Spoelstra's had the welcome mat out with coffee and snacks. Less than a block away Grace Ann Huygen was out waving everyone on. The first stop on the tour was Ingersoll CRC. From there to Woodstock the De Jong family had out the welcome mat. Then it was off to Woodstock for there welcome. At this stop I came across and old friend Fred Eringa. We had a good chat. From here it as onto Brantford where the Cambridge church had the welcome mat out. From here a slight detour on Jerseyville road to the Brantford CRC welcome. Here I met Fred Reitsma (friend of the family through marriage). From here it was a short hop to Redeemer University College. Our kitchen staff have the whole weekend off as all of our meals through to Monday morning are all being served to us. We were served a wonderfull supper. After supper a number of ladies from the area began a conversation with me and I did not see the lady behind me. As she got up and moved into my line of vision I realized that it was my Aunt from Hamilton. I went to her and tapped her on the shoulder and you should have seen her eyes. She said to me: You look just like your mother. We connected and shared information on our families. I also met Mike and Anne Wynands (formerly from London) as well.

No comments: