Saturday, August 23, 2008

Day 4 (53) August 21 "Chatham to London"

No Statistics as my computer has a dead battery.

Got up at 5 a.m. to be ready to help with breakfast. By 8:45 most things were packed away and Scott and I were given permission to begin our ride as they had enough cylclist back as sweepers. It was quite windy today and Scott stayed with me to the first SAG. He did not want to stop and I did and I had encouraged him earlier to ride on without me as he sets a faster pace than I can handle. I took my time and got to Mt. Brydges (lunch stop) at about 1 p.m. I was met by Gary Aalbers, and Jake and Marg Bulk. The area churches had prepared beef on a bun and it was delicious. I also took notice that one of the sponsors for this event was one of my companies retail locations. "Belmont Farm Supply" Thank you Graham and staff for the support. Before I left I called Jean to let her know approximately what time I would be arriving at the Forks of the Thames as that is where she would be with Kayleigh, Makenna, and Jaelyn (granddaughters). As I arrived into London on the bike path was welcomed by Keith and Frances Anjema, Jerry and Donna Kuiken and Paula Robertson. As I left them to head for Jean and the grandchildren, I teared up a bit, knowing that I was coming home to those who support me and love me very much. After spending some time with the grandchildren and the others there welcoming cyclistst to London, I detoured to the bike shop to get my computer fixed. Arrive at LDCSS about 4:30. As I was going to spend the night at home I quickly put away my bike and gathered some clean clothes as well as some laundry. As it was Marvin's (my son) birthday today and since they live close to school, I went there for a shower and a cool one. Came back to the school for a wonderful feast of corn on the cob, sausage on a bun/hamburg and all the desert one could eat. Upon our arrival we were aslo blessed with cold chocolate milk and ice cream. Stayed for pelaton and then left for home to sleep in my own bed for one night.

No comments: